Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to eliminate all beep sounds when speech mode is off

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 02:34 PM, Gene wrote:
Sleep mode is a red herring.  It has nothing to do with the issue.
-
Then, Gene, please do elaborate on what you see as "the issue."

It wasn't perfectly clear at the outset, and the original poster did say, much later, that sleep mode was silencing everything, which is what I thought he wanted based on, "The problem is, when I have speech mode off, I still hear beeping sounds whenever I click on new windows/programs/tabs that I have on my desktop."

It's pretty clear now that all he wanted to do was to eliminate the two sounds NVDA uses to signal the switch between browse and focus modes because he found them very annoying.  That has been achieved, by unchecking the setting noted.

The original poster does not seem, from anything said in this topic, to have any confusion about what browse and focus mode are or how they behave.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.