Re: NVDA and portable keyboards

Quentin Christensen

Hi Dr Sharad,

Good question - the answer is yes, as long as the computer recognises the keyboard, then it will work fine with NVDA, even with more keys than the original keyboard.  One thing to note is that NVDA does not automatically change modes - so if you have NVDA set to Laptop keyboard layout and would like to use desktop layout with your desktop keyboard, you will need to set that in NVDA's keyboard settings.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:34 PM Sharad Koirala <shakoirala@...> wrote:
hi friends,
greetings from Nepal

I use a laptop without the numpad.
will NVDA support the features of the numpad if I attach a portable
(USB  or bluetooth) keyboard to my laptop.

thank you,

--
Dr. Sharad Koirala
Lecturer