Re: Problem with Outlook

Quentin Christensen

Another thing you can do with queries like this - is ask the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.  Just from what you've described so far, I can't replicate it on my copy, but it might be a new feature they are slowly rolling out, in which case some users might have it and others not - in that case particularly, Microsoft will be looking at feedback they get to inform how they proceed with the new feature - that includes people saying they love it, or hate it - but also people like you asking "how do I use this" or "how do decide whether to use it or turn it off".

(I suggested the same thing in our In-Process blog recently on the new Simplified Ribbon interface they are starting to roll out to Outlook: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-3rd-september-2021/#SimplifiedOutlook )

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 4:37 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 02:04 PM, Konnie Ellis wrote:

I have these types of issues so infrequently with my PC, that I don’t know how much I’d make use of another list.

I’m sure it would come in handy on occasion, though, so thanks for making me aware of the group.

-
Just FYI, the MS Office Accessibility Discussion Group is very low traffic, but you also have the option, for any Groups.io group, to set up what I call Topic Preview where you will only receive the first message in a given topic unless you choose to follow it.  If you don't activate the follow topic link, you get no more messages on that topic (unless someone accidentally or intentionally creates a spin-off) and if you do, you'll get whatever messages follow-on.  See:  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx)

I'll also say that whether or not one would frequently post to a group such as that one, there is a ton to learn just from what others post about.  I've learned much about Excel that I did not know prior, though it's been a while since any Excel issue has been a "hot topic."

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager