Re: Android Emulators

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 02:32 PM, JM Casey wrote:
You will need to start thinking of the emulation as a completely separate environment from your windows system, even if it is running on your windows box.
-
You're absolutely correct.  Emulators are, in effect, sandboxed virtual machines, and within those environments it is precisely as though you were working natively under the operating system being emulated.  The only thing that happens in Windows itself is kicking off the emulator and exiting the emulator (and you can, of course, do the latter from within the emulator, too).  Windows recognizes the emulator as an application, but that's about it.

I'd think that most Android Emulators that are currently maintained could install Android Accessibility Suite in the instance of emulated Android they control.  The logistics of that, however, I have not played with.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.