locked Messages Being Marked As Spam - What You Can Do #adminnotice

Hello All,

I have noticed recently that we are having a number of people unsubscribed for marking messages as spam.  Let me first say that I know that those of you being so unsubscribed have likely not done this marking yourself, but it's a part of the spam filtering your email service provider has.

When this occurs, there are things you can do to help avoid this happening to others in the future, the most important of which is going to your spam folder and unmarking the message that got sent there that originated from groups.io.  This starts a feedback loop with the email service provider and their spam filtering and even a few of these unmarkings tends to get the filter that classified groups.io messages as spam removed.

It's also helpful, when possible, to write support at your email service provider and telling them that since groups.io is a subscription only service, nothing that comes from it can be considered spam.  If you haven't subscribed to a group, you will not get messages from it, plain and simple.

If you happen to have accidentally marked a groups.io message as spam yourself, then please do take the time to go to your spam folder and unmark it.  The feedback loop to email service providers works both ways, and just a few "mark as spam" actions can trigger the creation of a filter by the email service provider, and that can affect a large number of people.  Unmarking messages accidentally marked as spam can prevent this from happening.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.