Re: adobe reader 64 bit

Quentin Christensen

I must admit I haven't had cause to read too many PDF files extensively recently, so mostly I've just opened it quickly to check something, either with NVDA or for things like reading a bill to pay.  I know we have, for instance this issue around errors: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/11568 although in that issue while errors are generated, the program itself seems to behave normally (there are Adobe Reader version numbers there though it's not clear if it is 32-bit or 64-bit).

In any case, as with any problem, if you can document it, and particularly if you have steps to reproduce, we can definitely investigate.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 9:51 PM Lukasz Golonka via groups.io <lukasz.golonka=mailbox.org@groups.io> wrote:
On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:13:39 +1000
"Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

> Yes, I've been using the 64-bit version of Adobe Reader for awhile and it works fine.

How often you're using it with NVDA? There are various reports of 64-bit
Reader behaving unreliably and / or even out right crashing with various
AT's in the wild.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager