Re: NVDA Responsiveness in Versions of Microsoft Office

Quentin Christensen

I found a couple of articles on steps to improve responsiveness in Word:

Before things like reinstalling Word, I'd be inclined to look at things like what add-ins you are using, and disabling things like "live preview" etc.

Of course, if you can identify specific things which cause Word to slow down specifically with NVDA, then we'd be keen to investigate.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 6:18 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I currently have Word for Microsoft 365 installed on my Windows 10
powered laptop. Since several NVDA versions, I have generally not been
satisfied with NVDA’s responsiveness in this version of Word, whether
it be in navigation through large documents on editing text in small
ones. Turning on experimental UIA support improves responsiveness but
introduces various other bugs. As such, I am considering switching to
another version of Microsoft Office. Which one would you say, say 2013
or 2019, is NVDA snappiest in?

I would appreciate any assistance and thoughts in this regard.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024

Quentin Christensen