locked Re: Messages Being Marked As Spam - What You Can Do #adminnotice

Pamela Dominguez

I think windows live mail has a spam folder, but when I got on gmail, it used the gmail spam folder instead.  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Messages Being Marked As Spam - What You Can Do #adminnotice

My guess is that you aren’t doing anything that affects GMail when you do this in the client.  Mhy guess is that your program is running a spam filter and you are telling the program itself not to place the message in the program’s spam folder.

When I am on the GMail site, there is a not spam button.  When I look at my spam mail using Thunderbird, I am seeing the GMail spam folder because I don’t run one in my e-mail program, there is no not spam option in the e-mail program itself.

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 8:53 PM

I mark the e-mail messages as “not spam” from my E-mail client, because they seem to go right back into spam if I mark them from the gmail web interface.  Don’t ask me why.  This is pure speculation, but maybe the feedback loop works better when created from an E-mail client.

Louise

AVG logo

www.avg.com