locked Re: Messages Being Marked As Spam - What You Can Do #adminnotice

tim

Wrong again not using TB spam, Imap.. Under the inbox you will find gmail. Do a right arrow and down you will find spam.

On 9/28/2021 12:35 PM, Gene wrote:
I looked in the context menu and found nothing earlier.  Perhaps you see what you are reporting if you have the Thunderbird spam filter in the program turned on and a message ends up in the Thunderbird spam filter.  I never use the filter in the program itself and I see nothing such as you report.

Gene

From: tim
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Messages Being Marked As Spam - What You Can Do #adminnotice

Must not of looked to hard.

In TB go to the message that is marded as spam in the spam folder.

Now hit your application key or shift+f10 for the context menu and arrow down to mark, right arrow and down arrow to "NOT SPAM" hit enter and your done.

On 9/27/2021 10:07 PM, Gene wrote:
My guess is that you aren’t doing anything that affects GMail when you do this in the client.  Mhy guess is that your program is running a spam filter and you are telling the program itself not to place the message in the program’s spam folder.

When I am on the GMail site, there is a not spam button.  When I look at my spam mail using Thunderbird, I am seeing the GMail spam folder because I don’t run one in my e-mail program, there is no not spam option in the e-mail program itself.

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 8:53 PM

I mark the e-mail messages as “not spam” from my E-mail client, because they seem to go right back into spam if I mark them from the gmail web interface.  Don’t ask me why.  This is pure speculation, but maybe the feedback loop works better when created from an E-mail client.

Louise