From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pauline Smith
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Antivirus

This is one of the reasons I haven't taken the plunge and updated to Windows 10. I have no clue what antivirus will work. You can no longer use Security Essentials after Win 7 I don't think.

Pauline

On 9/20/2016 7:59 AM, Salva Doménech Miguel via Groups.io wrote:
Hi.

I’m now ussing Eset SmartSecurity 9, and it’s a very big shit. The 8 version was more or less accessible but my it upgrades automatically to 9 version. After, I have used Microsoft Security Essentials (a very good antivirus) in Windows 7, but in Windows 10 the Windows Defender locks me some aplications like Utorrent, cause of that i changed to Eset. I’m also looking for a good antivirus for Windows.

Cheers.

El 20 sept 2016, a las 13:53, Walmir Schultz via Groups.io <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> escribió:

Hi,

It seems to me that the antivirus developers are the less accessible-minded people in the software industry.

Until now I have not found an antivirus that can be used with NVDA. From totally inaccessible right from the installation to barely usable, none of the most famous free antivirus can be used without problems.

I am using AVG because at least it can be automatically installed with Ninite, but NVDA cannot read the messages dialog, I cannot configure the antivirus and every time I install NVDA I need help from someone cause AVG "don't like" something and NVDA stops responding.

What are your experiences in this matter?