Re: vocalizer nvda addon from Tiflotecnia: is it still updated and is it worth purchasing for multi lingual user?

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Below the answers in midle of your questions...

Às 11:03 de 30/09/2021, amir din escreveu:

Hi,

I found the vocalizer for nvda from Tiflotecnia company, from this website

https://vocalizer-nvda.com/store

but from this page, seems like no price is mentioned for this product. Also, the copyright written at the bottom of the page is 2013, now its 2021.

The price is 90 EUR.

So, if I continue buying this thing, will it work with my nvda 2021? Or this is it's old website and this product is migrading to new website and I am missing something here?

The Vocalizer Expressive is already compatible with NVDA 2021.2 and will keep compatibility with new versions...

I know the code factory  version, but unfortunately for that version, it's auto language switching is not good. It doesn’t have the switch language base on the Unicode character feature. Meaning for the auto language to work, the document or webpage must be set up with correct language tag. So if for example in notepad, auto language switching will not happen even if I am reading text in another language.

Plus, the code factory version does not have the compact or low quality voices, I prefer that voices rather than the high quality/premium voices, just like on the phones.

So this vocalizer from Tiflotecnia has that things that I want. So wwanting to know whether it will work or not on latest nvda.

Yes, it works with actual version and will keep working with all new versions of NVDA.

Is the voices updated too?

No, not yet.

We plan to update them to version 2, but not yet a scheduled date...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.