Just to let you know that I'm unable to access the NV access site, nor am I able to do the add-on and/or NVDA updates.

Cheers,

Dejan

On 30/09/2021 22:33, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Not only get an error checking for addon updates, also checking for NVDA updates pops up the same error message

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: 30 September 2021 19:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

Hi,

The author of Add-on Updater himself (I) have experienced this once, and the workaround seems to be to visit addons.nvda-project.org website using your preferred web browser. If NV Access server was offline, chances are that folks would have reported problems with not only Add-on Updater, but NVDA update checks as well, affecting folks who do ask NVDA to check for updates every day. Since it doesn't affect everyone, chances are that the computer (more specifically, the operating system) might be assuming that the web trusts soon to expire security certificate without realizing that it isn't - connecting to websites flagged as secure (such as NV Access website) would inform Windows that the web is safer again.

Cheers,

Joseph