Re: addon updater

Wow, so its a bit hit and miss.

I am still getting errors.

Not that I have anything to download right now.

On 1/10/2021 9:22 am, Mary Otten wrote:
I just got 3 updates successfully downloaded by using the check for updates in the nvda tools menu. Add on updater, golden cursor and Windows essentials all downloaded and installed without any hitches.

Mary

On 9/30/2021 12:35 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well interestingly enough when I got home yesterday it worked again but its broken today.

On 1/10/2021 8:23 am, Clement Chou wrote:
I just tried going to the website and running both update checks
again. Still the same error over here.

The author of Add-on Updater himself (I) have experienced this once, and the
workaround seems to be to visit addons.nvda-project.org website using your
preferred web browser. If NV Access server was offline, chances are that
folks would have reported problems with not only Add-on Updater, but NVDA
update checks as well, affecting folks who do ask NVDA to check for updates
every day. Since it doesn't affect everyone, chances are that the computer
(more specifically, the operating system) might be assuming that the web
trusts soon to expire security certificate without realizing that it isn't -
connecting to websites flagged as secure (such as NV Access website) would
inform Windows that the web is safer again.

Cheers,

Joseph

.