From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Antivirus

Hello,

I, unfortunately, cannot recommend Microsoft to protect from viruses.
Reviews have been middling at best, and I have seen users get issues when
running that.

Personally, I use Sophos Home. It is cloud-based, and works great. It also
has a good web filter. It allows a user to manage up to I believe ten PC's
for no cost. I trust them as they are know in the enterprise space for
delivering good security solutions.

I am considering enabling the wicki feature for our group. I think it would
be good to include some of the most common questions in an FAQ. This would
allow us to point users to that article instead of hashing out our views on
MSE or Windows Defender.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 1:11 PM Brian's Mail list account <
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Yes indeed, most even old outlook Express has a tick box for not letting
you
access certain content. if you turn this off, you are going to have to be
more careful, and I am.
Its always a trade off between ease of use and safety. the best safety is
thinking of what you are going to do and taking a sensible decision.
Luckily
I have some clunker machines I can isolate from the network if I really
want
to go to some of the murkier corners of the web.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-