Re: Couple issues with newest NVDA version

Gene

If NVDA started by itself after NVDA key q, that’s because the program wasn’t shutting down properly.  It was crashing on exit and it was restarting because it is supposed to restart if it can after a crash.

From: JinYoun
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 8:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] Couple issues with newest NVDA version

Hi, I just noticed that when I choose restart after pressing NVDA + Q, NVDA seems to exit and then not start up again on its own. I have to press the shortcut keys to start NVDA again. I've tried this with all the add-ons disabled as well and tried restarting my pc. Also, I don't hear a sound for when NVDA exits like I used to. I have the options ticked in settings to play sounds for when it starts and exits.
Thank you for any help on this.

I tried searching for this in the forum, but could not find the answer, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before...