Re: addon updater

Chris

I doubt its our end, otherwise it would be a big coincidence that several of us have been affected at the same time

Sent: 30 September 2021 22:29
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

I can access nvda-project.org, nvaccess.org and the nvaccess.com redirect just fine at least via the web.

I can download from both manually.

Just did an ipconfig/flushdns and I got back in.

So yeah who knows nvda updaters continue to refuse to work so if its a error on my end I should have had other things going on.

On 1/10/2021 9:46 am, Dejan Ristic wrote:

Hi from me,

Just to let you know that I'm unable to access the NV access site, nor am I able to do the add-on and/or NVDA updates.

Cheers,

Dejan

On 30/09/2021 22:33, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Not only get an error checking for addon updates, also checking for NVDA updates pops up the same error message

Sent: 30 September 2021 19:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

Hi,

The author of Add-on Updater himself (I) have experienced this once, and the workaround seems to be to visit addons.nvda-project.org website using your preferred web browser. If NV Access server was offline, chances are that folks would have reported problems with not only Add-on Updater, but NVDA update checks as well, affecting folks who do ask NVDA to check for updates every day. Since it doesn't affect everyone, chances are that the computer (more specifically, the operating system) might be assuming that the web trusts soon to expire security certificate without realizing that it isn't - connecting to websites flagged as secure (such as NV Access website) would inform Windows that the web is safer again.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.