Re: addon updater

Gene

I just found something interesting that may or may not matter.  If I use the check for NVDA updates in a version that is not the current one, the check  proceeds as expected.  If I check for updates using the current version, an error is generated.

This needs to be verified by others both because that is just my experience and because I’m running Windows 7.  I’m reporting this in case it matters and throws any light on the problem.  I  am also running portable versions of NVDA in both cases, but I don’t think that matters.

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2021 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

I just checked.  I don’t use enough add-ons that I installed the add-on updater before.  I installed it now.  I can run an old portable version of NVDA and have it successfully check for updates.  If I run the add-ons updater add-on, it shows an error message.

My results may not be representative, though they seem to be the same as some others, running Windows 10, have reported.  I am using Windows 7 and these results need to be tested and verified more by those running Windows 10.