Re: Antivirus

Gene

Such rumors about inaccessibility are just that, rumors.  They are absurd on their face.

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Antivirus

I don't agree with you on this.
Its true, some of us are happy where we are.
However not all systems that were offered the update could take
advantage of it.
Not everyone has the most updated software and or hardware.
Not to put a to sharp point it, the reason the update was hated was that
microsoft! forced! the! upgrade! on! users!!!!!!!
They forced this update on us and gave us little choice in the matter.
Ofcause we hated it.
They basically put spyware on our systems to install it and while it
worked for a multi device setup and while those that couldn't afford it
like some of my family took advantage of the free offer.
There were those that were caught out.
Those that had to replace their hardware and many law suits against
microsoft for an update that they neither wanted or could handle or needed.
As it stands, windows 10's goal of universal apps and a unified account
is only good if you.
1.  have or use an ms account all the time including but not limited to
use another device like a tablet all the time and don't mind.
or 2 want to jump in and get something new maybe with new hardware.
I have seen situations where its been the best thing.
However in some situations things still go with it.
I know that after working on those units that use it when I return to my
win7 based machines I find them easy to navigate etc.
There are also disquieting rumors going on that win10 will eventually
become inaccessible to everything excluding microsoft narator which it
appears ms is bribing people to say doesn't suck.
In reality, narator was crap before, and continues to be so, it was
before and its worse now.
Microsoft is unlikely to make it better no matter what guff it states.
I am seriously going to have to get a legal old unit to stay legal or
simple just not be legal at all if this continues.
There is no need to change things.
True the next high end hardware packages may not support 10 but we are
talking about 6th and 7th generation hardware up.
There is enough 5th and 4th generation stuff right now that I could care
less what os I use.
And while microsoft does accept feadback, the fact now the hype has gone
as far as I care, windows 10 is just another slightly better version of
windows 8 or vista or me, its junk.
Not all of it but enough of it is and with the anniversery update it can
be worse.
Things like edge don't work out the box and with ms holding that close
to their chest a lot of manufacturers just don't support it or care anymore.
Windows as a service sounds nice so does a lot of the tech around it, in
reality though some stuff like universal apps, the new intergrated
account system, edge and a few other things are just not ready for
primetime.
And its worse for those of us with single machines, older hardware and
or don't use a tablet.
I am one of those, we have a new computer using 10 though the rest don't.
I have family and friends using things to as far as they can go and
enjoying it.
I am happy that microsoft is no longer forcing users.