From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 01 October 2021 16:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 08:23 AM, Chris wrote:

the problem is via check for updates menu item in NVDA only

-
And let's be perfectly clear here, it's via the Check for add-on updates in the NVDA Tools submenu.  The way this reads, it sounds like the Check for update. . .  option in the NVDA Help submenu.

I get the error message when I try a manual check for add-on updates.  I do not know whether this message is real (as in there is an actual error occuring) or spurious, as sometimes exception logic for "normal errors" can get buggy and a true error message gets thrown when, in reality, there isn't one.

I need to go back through this whole topic to see if an issue ticket for Add-On Updater exists for this.  If not, I'll create one, as something's gone wrong.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.