Re: addon updater

Sarah k Alawami

Not necessarily. When this certificate expired yesterday some sights were not affected but softwares were. I speak from experience as yesterday I was having loads of issues, luckelly not at work, at least, not yet.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.

On 1 Oct 2021, at 0:56, Chris via groups.io wrote:

I would imagine that we wouldn’t be able to access the site in that case along with everybody else

But that doesnt seem to be the case as others are not having problems whilst others are

Sent: 30 September 2021 23:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

I know there was somethingn on google news today about https certificates etc that expired. Could this have happened with nvda's site, or anywhere else that could have an effect on what's going on?

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.

On 30 Sep 2021, at 13:46, Dejan Ristic wrote:

Hi from me,

Just to let you know that I'm unable to access the NV access site, nor am I able to do the add-on and/or NVDA updates.

Cheers,

Dejan

On 30/09/2021 22:33, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Not only get an error checking for addon updates, also checking for NVDA updates pops up the same error message

Sent: 30 September 2021 19:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] addon updater

Hi,

The author of Add-on Updater himself (I) have experienced this once, and the workaround seems to be to visit addons.nvda-project.org website using your preferred web browser. If NV Access server was offline, chances are that folks would have reported problems with not only Add-on Updater, but NVDA update checks as well, affecting folks who do ask NVDA to check for updates every day. Since it doesn't affect everyone, chances are that the computer (more specifically, the operating system) might be assuming that the web trusts soon to expire security certificate without realizing that it isn't - connecting to websites flagged as secure (such as NV Access website) would inform Windows that the web is safer again.

Cheers,

Joseph

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.