Re: addon updater

Hi all,

A possible workaround found: looks like it might be indeed NVDA. The following suggested workaround is applicable for NVDA 2021.2 or older and/or if you are running alpha snapshots released earlier than August 12, 2021:

  1. Press Control+NVDA+Z to open Python Console.
  2. Type the following as exactly as shown:

import updateCheck; updateCheck._updateWindowsRootCertificates()

I will do my best to release an Add-on Updater update this weekend in hopes of resolving this situation - note that the update will be a manual one; if it works, I'll make it available to the rest of the community next week (even then, you must apply the update manually if you are impacted).

Cheers,

Joseph