Re: Add-on Updater 21.10 (mandatory update) released #addonrelease

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Joseph,

thank you for the link to download Addon Updater. It works for me very well.

Jarek

Dne 02.10.2021 v 15:21 Joseph Lee napsal(a):

Hi all,

First, thank you for reporting add-on update error messages. The issue was traced to NVDA not looking for the correct SSL error, possibly caused by expired root certificate from Let’s Encrypt. As a result, Add-on Updater 21.10 was just released (manual download for now):

https://github.com/josephsl/addonUpdater/releases/download/21.10/addonUpdater-21.10.nvda-addon

IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 21.10 is a MANDATORY update to anyone using NVDA 2021.1 or later. I cannot backport this to earlier NVDA releases as the add-on uses features introduced in NVDA 2021.1.

In addition to fixing SSL certificate verification error, Add-on Updater 21.10 makes it possible to check for add-on updates after you perform a clean Windows installation without connecting to the Internet and then go online afterwards. This change comes from upcoming NVDA 2021.3 (alpha snapshots at the moment).

I advise applying this update as soon as possible – for now after installing Add-on Updater 21.10, ignore an offer from Add-on Updater to install Add-on Updater 21.09 – I will update this thread once Add-on Updater 21.10 is indeed offered.

Cheers,

Joseph

__________ ESET Internet Security __________

Tato zprava byla zkontrolovana, a nebyly v ni nalezeny zadne hrozby.

Verze detekcniho jadra: 24059 (20211002)

https://www.eset.cz
--
Jarek