Do the Alpha builds of NVDA do any update checking for stable production builds?

I know that if you use beta or release candidate versions of NVDA, these actually do the expected checking and if a new stable version is available they'll ask you about downloading them.

Yesterday I uninstalled the latest stable version of NVDA to install an alpha version to assist in testing the issue with updating NVDA itself and Add-On Updater.  But I have no idea if it checks for new stable versions or not, as alpha software can sometimes be quite different than beta or release candidate in terms of functions like this one, so I thought I'd ask, as several of the regulars must know.

         ~ John F. Kennedy