Re: VLC alternative?

Lino,

        This is not a criticism, in any way, of the Daum Pot Player software since I've not yet played with it, but it's obvious from the Daum Pot Player website that it's very roughly translated.  Their feature page notes, "Support of all modern audio and video formats," but doesn't go into any additional detail that I can find.

        Has anyone tried Kodi?  This is open source and I could swear I saw the original recommendation for it on one of the blind technology related forums, but I can't be certain of that at this point since I see my last download on it was in February.