Brian,

I've been wondering this for ages - when a topic gets renamed like you have done, it makes it appear like a separate thread in Gmail - which is why, especially when I come back after a few days - I'll read from oldest unread to newest, and reply to things which don't seem to have been replied to, but then I find newer replies in what appear to be separate threads.  Looking at them on the groups.io web interface, they appear correctly.  But do you know is there a way of making it appear as one thread in email?  The thread seems to break where you posted renaming it.

Quentin

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:16 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I don’t know what the problem is.  the following procedure is permanent if there is no problem.
Control NVDA key s, then tab once to a combo box where you select the soundcard to be used, then activate the ok button.  Save the configuration with control NVDA key c, if you don’t have NVDA set to automatically save the current configuration on exit.

Gene
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2021 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Why, oh why can I not get my choice of NVDA audio output device to stay as I set it?

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 07:02 PM, Jackie wrote:
control panel > speech recognition > text-to-speech>audio output?
-
Quick note - I've retitled the topic so that the subject actually reveals the issue.  This is important for the group archive.

As Jackie has noted, some of this is determined by NVDA but other parts are determined by Windows.  My suspicion is that if this is tweakable within NVDA, it's a temporary tweak for the duration of the NVDA session currently running and if it's tweaked in Windows it's permanent until and unless you were to change it again.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager