Re: adobe reader 64 bit does not work with NVDA

benmoxey@...

Hi Enes

I typically always install 64 bit versions of Apps when available with no problem, but have noticed some stability issues with Adobe Reader DC 64 and NVDA. I run the 32 bit version on my work machine and it’s smooth sailing.

If you want to try the 32 bit version and see if it resolves your issue, remove your current install and download the 32 bit version from the below link. This page will let you choose, rather than Adobe detecting your system and automatically giving you the 64 bit option. Choose the version that simply states it’s “for Windows”. This is the 32 bit one you want.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Interested to know if others have noticed instability with the 64 bit version.

All the best.

Ben

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, 8 October 2021 1:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] adobe reader 64 bit does not work with NVDA

I don't know if downgrading to 32 bit is even possible.   I am hoping someone from NVAccess would respond to this.

On 10/7/2021 5:51 PM, Christopher Duffley wrote:

OK...that's strange! Are you able to use another version of Adobe Reader for the time being? I'm not sure if NVAccess or someone in the add-ons community can do something about it, or better yet, Adobe themselves.

Thanks,

Christopher Duffley

Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com

Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 7, 2021, at 10:42, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

Hi,

It does persist after running the tool.

On 10/7/2021 4:41 PM, Christopher Duffley wrote:

Could you try running the COM Registry Fixing Tool in the Tools menu, then restart the machine, and see if this persists?

Thanks,

Christopher Duffley

Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com

Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 7, 2021, at 08:07, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

this sequence repeats in the log.

ERROR - RPC process 10084 (Acrobat.exe) (14:56:39.824) - Dummy-1229 (4232):
Thread 8124, build\x86_64\remote\COMProxyRegistration.cpp, registerCOMProxy, 182:
Unable to register interface IAccessibleHyperlink with proxy stub IAccessible2Proxy.dll, code -2147023156

On 10/7/2021 3:05 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:

Hi all,

I am running latest windows 10 21h1, with NVDA latest alpha build   as of this writing.   Adobe reader 64 bit doesn't work at all.  When clicking on a document, it becomes unresponsive, and exits adobe reader within 30 seconds with no error message.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.