That doesn't mean I can't complete my tasks, but its been like that since I loaded 93.

Its not uber badd as it will work to view things but it can get a bit annoying at times.

I really need to report this to mozilla.

On 8/10/2021 7:42 am, Gene wrote:
In the early days of 64 bit Firefox, I don’t recall hearing about performance problems with the browser, but there were not many 64 bit add-ons so switching meant that you were losing one of the important reasons a lot of people used Firefox.

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2021 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] adobe reader 64 bit does not work with NVDA

Hi Brian,

I very much went against this advice, and installed 64 bit versions of file compression, format conversion, and office software etc.Even browsers, I was one of the early upgraders to Firefox 64 bit. Until Reader 64 bit, I had no issues whatsoever with 64 bit software.  Nor did I see any advice with Mozilla, Microsoft etc against choosing a 64 bit version.

On 10/7/2021 7:29 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 11:02 AM, Gene wrote:
This page appears to indicate that Windows 10 can run the 32 bit version but not Windows 11.
-
Gene,

You've somehow overlooked or misread the table on that page.  32-bit software remains supported under all 64-bit versions of Windows, including Windows 11.  And the table for the 32-bit version of Acrobat Reader states it runs under:

Windows 11 (64 bit), Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit) version 1809 or later, Windows 8, 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server - 2008 R2 (64 bit), 2012 (64 bit), 2012 R2 (64 bit), 2016 (64 bit), or 2019 (64 bit)

Windows 10 is the final version of Windows that has an actual 32-bit version of the Windows operating system, but that's a separate issue.  Most of us are running Windows 10 64-bit unless we have very old hardware, and most will still have been using the 32-bit versions of Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office, and a number of other pieces of software that still "prefer" (for lack of a better way of putting it) to install their 32-bit versions by default and only use 64-bit when explicitly chosen.

It's still pretty much "the general advice" among techs that if a piece of software "has some age on it" and there exist both 32 and 64-bit versions, to install the 32-bit versions for a more trouble-free experience.  I fully expect that this is going to change in the years after Windows 11 becomes common as there will be no reason to focus on maintaining 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and 64-bit will definitely win out as time marches on.

         ~ John F. Kennedy