From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pauline Smith
Sent: Thursday, 22 September 2016 12:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Antivirus

Good Evening,

Personally, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to upgrade to Windows 10.  I think that 7 will still be supported for a while.  However, any new computer a person gets will probably have 10 already installed.  So any computer our students get from their rehabilitation counselors will likely have 10 on it.  We will need to be able to teach them how to use that equipment.

Here in the US, a company called Computers for the Blind sells refurbished computers at a reduced price.  They come loaded with NVDA and a demo copy of screen enlargement software for those who need it.  They are now sending those computers with 10 installed.  So, the only reason to upgrade would be for teaching purposes.

Pauline

On 9/20/2016 11:28 PM, Gene wrote:

Do you have specific reasons for upgrading to Windows 10?  there are reasons to approach doing so with caution.  I won't go into an in depth discussion now because I don't know why you wanbt to upgrade.  Depending on your answer, I may have more comments.

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:25 PM

Thank you all for letting me know about Windows Defender.  With this
information, I will consider updating to Win 10 soon.  I think I will
get the MS Accessibility line to help me do this.

Thanks, again for the Defender info.

Pauline