Re: adobe reader 64 bit does not work with NVDA

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 09:13 AM, tim wrote:
He didn't say the 64 bit din't work with windows 10 it was NVDA it didn't work with.
-
Well, it seemed to me that what had originally been noted, which is exactly as you state, had already been directly addressed, and that was with the suggested workaround to install Adobe Reader DC 32-bit.  I read this as a request for a method to get back up and running, and at the moment that's the easiest, and to my knowledge only, way.

All discussion after that is further meta analysis of the whole situation.  I think there are going to be interaction issues between 32-bit and 64-bit software for years to come.  They won't be many, they won't be frequent, but they will exist.  It's going to be a "whack a mole" process until 32-bit software goes the way that 16-bit software went many many moons ago.

Eventually, everything's going to be 64-bit across the board.  But we're not there yet, or even close, really, when it comes down to brass tacks.

         ~ John F. Kennedy