Re: MS Access

Richard,

It was true for me, and my coworkers (who were sighted as I am), as well back when I was a DBA and/or doing embedded SQL coding in the 1990s.  Once in a very great while if I needed a really "quick and dirty" result I'd run an SQL query within the GUI, which has its own version of the command prompt/power shell in every RDBMS I've used in the 1990s and beyond.

It was just much easier to formulate the SQL, check it, then check the data set results you got by feeding it in via the command line and looking at the resulting output files of records.  We were particularly careful to always create SELECT statements with the same selection logic that we were going to use to delete records.  That way we could see precisely what was going to be nuked before nuking it.

         ~ John F. Kennedy