Re: Google Chrome no longer working properly for me

Arlene

Same here. I’ve seen odd behaviors with google Chrome. I just close and reopen it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: October 9, 2021 12:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome no longer working properly for me

I’ve seen very odd behaviors that seem to have no relation to the screen-reader and are corrected by closing and running it again.  Its happened to me once in a great while that I couldn’t copy and paste text until I closed and ran the screen-reader again.  When it comes to odd problems of this sort, just doing these things, regardless of how logical they seem will likely solve such problems.

Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2021 2:34 PM

Yes, I definitely closed google Chrome several times but for some reason did not even think about doing that with NVDA this time around.

On 10/9/2021 3:31 PM, Gene wrote:

Whenever odd problems occur and you don't have a more likely solution, the first things to do are to close and open the program, close and run the screen-reader, because some problems that seem like program problems are screen-reader problems, and reboot.  You may not want to try these things in the order I have ;placed them.  I'm not placing them in order of preference.  ;

Gene

On 10/9/2021 2:18 PM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

I am so sorry but I did not even think about restarting NVDA. That should have  been the first thing I tried but I guess I did not think of it because I was surprised this had even happened. NVDA has been working so well for me. Thank you for your patience and your help. It seems to be working now.

On 10/9/2021 3:07 PM, JM Casey wrote:

So you’re getting those sorts of format-related messages from the screen-reader, but not actual web content?

Have you tried restarting chrome, NVDA, or just rebooting the pC, since all this started?

From: JM Casey
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Saturday, October 09, 2021 02:56 PM

Hello.
It's working fine here but, I think you will have to put a little more into describing what is happening. Just saying "it's not working" or "links don't show up properly" doesn't really give anybody anything to work with.