Re: New and apparent lag with NVDA in File Explorer, and an Introducion

Gene

I didn’t mention using space, not control space, to select the item you are on.  I should have mentioned it.  I didn’t because I think it is a more natural movement to keep your hand on the arrow keys and just up and down arrow than to move to the space bar and press it.  But people may do whatever they wish.

However, space should be used in this case, not control space.  Control space is how you would select an item if you want to select more than one item and not select items that are all next to each other.  Space by  itself will select the item you are on and will unselect any other item or items you might have selected earlier.  And space only selects an item.  If it is already selected for some reason, you won’t accidentaly unselect it.  Control space selects an unselected item and unselects a selected item.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New and apparent lag with NVDA in File Explorer, and an Introducion

Gene,
Instead of pressing up and down arrows, you can press the space bar while holding the control key. This will select the item under the cursor. Seems a tat more convenient.
HTH,
Dzhovani

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.