Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Hello Clement,

I also get the same result using Eloquence from Kurzweil. This has been
true for me for the past year or so with NVDA. I haven't a way to cure
the problem. Hopefully someone here will have some ideas. Thanks for
posting.

Dennis

On 10/10/2021 7:25 AM, Clement Chou wrote:
> Anyone else using Code Factory's Eloquence and Vocalizer getting
> abbreviations incorrectly being processed? For example, look at the
> text below.
>
> The original says: Line 6 Marketplace
> But Code Factory's Eloquence translates this as: Line March 6th ketplace
>
> Is there a way to delete these dictionary definitions so I just get it
> the way it's supposed to be? Thanks.

It is trying to say “may first, Mayflower.”

I would think that this bug doesn’t occur often when reading.  If igt occurs more than rarely for certain kinds of reading, I’d be curious to know.