Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Gene

It isn’t code fac gtory and I dubt the behavior of other synthesizers is due to Code Factory or largely not.  As I said, the problem occurs in Openbook, which uses Eloquence.  I tested with a very old version of JAWS and the problem doesn’t exist there.  I almost never use JAWS so I havedn’t kept it current.  But my test raises the question of whether the behavior occurs in currengt JAWS versions.  In other wordss, was it introduced into Eloquence in a later version or has JAWS compensated for the behavior.

Whatever the case, you might as well let Code Factory know.  You may want to write to whomever owns Eloquence now but it is such old software that I doubt igt is bbeing further developed or corrected.

Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Pretty sure I haven't been the first one to experience this, so others
probably have. I will contact them as well, just in case, but I'm not
holding my breath. It's ironic how alternative versions of Eloquence
don't have this issue. Thanks for the detective work Jean. I'm not
surprised that it's a problem with this version of eloquence..
codefactory makes a lot of assumptions about how people want things
read. lol