Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Clement Chou

I'm pretty sure it's specific versions of eloquence, Codefactory or
not. I just tried it with IBM TTS, and I'm guessing that has different
dictionaries because that's technically a different synthesizer? No
problems with it there.

On 10/10/21, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
It isn’t code fac gtory and I dubt the behavior of other synthesizers is due
to Code Factory or largely not. As I said, the problem occurs in Openbook,
which uses Eloquence. I tested with a very old version of JAWS and the
problem doesn’t exist there. I almost never use JAWS so I havedn’t kept it
current. But my test raises the question of whether the behavior occurs in
currengt JAWS versions. In other wordss, was it introduced into Eloquence
in a later version or has JAWS compensated for the behavior.

Whatever the case, you might as well let Code Factory know. You may want to
write to whomever owns Eloquence now but it is such old software that I
doubt igt is bbeing further developed or corrected.