Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Mohamed

I was the one who wrote that expression. You should use the one I posted earlier, though, the version I originally sent you is missing an abbreviation for September and there is a weird edge case involving the word "may" that I didn't know about at the time.

On 10/11/2021 4:58 AM, Pele West wrote:
Hi Everyone

I have had this problem of Number and the Month for ages. Someone on this list, and I apologise that I can't remember who it was, suggested I used regular expressions in the default dictionary to solve it.

I am sorry if I have misunderstood the problem, but thanks, anyway, to the person who suggested it to me.

Here are the entries:

1. For first 3 letters of month without a space

(\d+) (Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec)([a-z]+) \1  \2\3    0    1

2. For first 3 letters of the month followed by space.

(\d+) (Jan |Feb |Mar |Apr |May |Jun |Jul |Aug |Sept |Oct |Nov |Dec )([a-z]+)    \1  \2\3    0    1

Pele West