Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 10:29 PM, Mohamed wrote:
\b(\d+) (Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec)([a-z]+)

Replacement.
\1  \2\3
-
Mohamed,

Would this actually work?  [I don't have time to test]

I ask because what you're handing the synth, reconstructed, is precisely what it would have been handed anyway, given that \1 will be the number, you've placed a space after it, and \2\3 would be the original full word following.  I'm not criticizing the regex formation, but the substitute and the original appear, to me, to be the same thing.

If it's the synth that's screwing this up, it's being given the same thing to screw up.

         ~ John F. Kennedy