Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

Gene

I didn't check the second entry, which eliminates mishandling of legitimate dates, but I checked the first entry and it works with numbers I tested.  I tested 1 2 and 3 followed by Mayflower, and I tested 10 and 11 followed by Mayflower.

Gene

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 10:29 PM, Mohamed wrote:
\b(\d+) (Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec)([a-z]+)

Replacement.
\1  \2\3
-
Mohamed,

Would this actually work?  [I don't have time to test]

I ask because what you're handing the synth, reconstructed, is precisely what it would have been handed anyway, given that \1 will be the number, you've placed a space after it, and \2\3 would be the original full word following.  I'm not criticizing the regex formation, but the substitute and the original appear, to me, to be the same thing.

If it's the synth that's screwing this up, it's being given the same thing to screw up.

         ~ John F. Kennedy