Re: NVDA and OCR software

Jujube

I know PDF XChange Viewer is a free package with decent OCR capabilities and it can OCR PDF documents. If you're OCRing an image file like a .jpg, then I don't know.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 1:27 PM cisco <audiogamer2004@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this is a question better suited for the chat subgroup, if it is, please tell me.

If it’s ok to post it here, however, here it goes: if you use any kind of OCR solution that can open and OCR PDFS and acquire images from scanners, what would you recommend for efficient use with NvDA?

If that OCR had the ability to keep the formatting and layout of the document, that would be a much needed extra.

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards.

Francisco.