Using Outlook with NVDA

Amelia Anne Dickerson

I have 2 questions for others who use Microsoft Outlook with NVDA.

1.       My Outlook crashes a lot. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I suspect it’s the interaction with NVDA that makes this happen. Does anyone else have this experience? I use Office 2016 downloaded from the Office 365 site from my work.

2.       Often times when I’m reading emails with any particular formatting that came from an email platform, I have tons of blank lines. It can interfere with my understanding newsletter-type emails, especially since I can’t get everyone to put in the heading level and list formats I’d like. <;)> It also makes it harder to skim through emails for the couple of things I might find over the span of 3 or 4 emails.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve my NVDA/Outlook experience? I’ve briefly tested with JAWS, and JAWS is much better at ignoring the blank lines. However, I don’t own or particularly want to use JAWS.

Thanks,

Amelia

Warm Regards,

Amelia Dickerson