Re: NVDA and OCR software

JM Casey

I’m one of those who uses Abbyy Finereader. Its actual editor doesn’t really seem all that usable, so if you need to make corrections and adjustments toa  document, it’s probably best to convert it to another format (which ABBYY can do with ease) and work in a word processor or something.

But the oCR is good and text recognitions seems really good, so I’m happy to have spent some cash on it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of cisco
Sent: October 11, 2021 04:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and OCR software

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this is a question better suited for the chat subgroup, if it is, please tell me.

If it’s ok to post it here, however, here it goes: if you use any kind of OCR solution that can open and OCR PDFS and acquire images from scanners, what would you recommend for efficient use with NvDA?

If that OCR had the ability to keep the formatting and layout of the document, that would be a much needed extra.

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards.

Francisco.