Re: Please add Vietnamese Southern Braille 'vi-saigon-g1.ctb' to NVDA

Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh

Hi Quentin,
I found Vietnamese Grade0, Vietnamese grade1, and Vietnamese Grade2 in Braille output table of NVDA_2001.2.
I believe these match with vi-vn-g0.utb vi-vn-g1.ctb vi-vn-g2.ctb. respectively. However, I could not find wich braille output table match with vi-saigon-g1.ctb. Please tell me if there are some hidden tips and tricks for this.
Moreover, you are developer of QuentinC's Gameroom, aren't you.
Many thanks
Minh

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 1:42 PM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
I'm pleased to report that in the current version of NVDA - 2021.2, we updated to LibLouis 3.18, which includes Southern Vietnamese and a number of other tables:

  • Updated liblouis braille translator to 3.18.0. (#12526)
    • New braille tables: Bulgarian grade 1, Burmese grade 1, Burmese grade 2, Kazakh grade 1, Khmer grade 1, Northern Kurdish grade 0, Sepedi grade 1, Sepedi grade 2, Sesotho grade 1, Sesotho grade 2, Setswana grade 1, Setswana grade 2, Tatar grade 1, Vietnamese grade 0, Vietnamese grade 2, Southern Vietnamese grade 1, Xhosa grade 1, Xhosa grade 2, Yakut grade 1, Zulu grade 1, Zulu grade 2
You can download NVDA 2021.2 from: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 3:23 PM Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh <anhminh3011@...> wrote:
Hi NVDA Developers,
As this subject said, Vietnamese southern Braille 'vi-saigon-g1.ctb' in Liblouis is still commonly used in southern community of Vietnam. I hope it will be added to NVDA.
Many thanks
Minh

--
Quentin Christensen