Re: Weird Abbreviation Processing Mid-word?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 10:45 AM, John Sanfilippo wrote:
j26s
 -
The problem being that even this, as written, would require guessing.   I'd say Jay twenty-six ess simply because I'd instantly change a designation such as this to its more typical uppercase equivalent J26S.  The British colloquialism, "at 6s and 7s," which can also be written out as, "at sixes and sevens," requires the s to be treated as plural.  The phrase, "he was in his 20s," requires the S to be spoken as a plural.

It's just more conventional to use all uppercase for letter digit sequences intended to be pronounced character by character.

There's still no artificial intelligence out there that I know of that can "auto correct" certain things the way that human wetware can and does.

         ~ John F. Kennedy