Re: nvda lagging

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Robert

You are quite right, it is confusing.

The worse of it, with me, it even lags in Windows explorer.

It needs to be attended to as urgently as possible.

Wally

On 10/12/21, Robert Portal <portalrm56@...> wrote:
Dear Wally,

I have the same issue with NVDA 2021.2 - you said you had 2021.1 installed.
When reading a long document in Word 2007 with Say All the reading is fine
for 5 to 7 minutes and then it stops, almost always on a full-stop. At this
point NVDA is unresponsive - it takes a minute or so to get it working
again.
This is a problem because I regularly record the computer's reading of texts
which may take up to two hours to read. Previously I could leave it until
the reading was finished, now I have to follow it to re-start it when it
stops, wasting hours of time.

I've tried different eloquence and Vocaliser voices, closing all windows
except for that of the document to be read, turning off the option for Word
to save the document every x number of minutes. I've also tried uninstalling
and re-installing NVDA, all to no avail.
I had assumed it was probably something specific to my system and so I was
interested to find someone else with a similar problem.

I too, would be interested in any suggestions people might have.

Best wishes

Robert Portal