From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Portal
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 5:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda lagging

Dear Wally,

I have the same issue with NVDA 2021.2 - you said you had 2021.1 installed. When reading a long document in Word 2007 with Say All the reading is fine for 5 to 7 minutes and then it stops, almost always on a full-stop. At this point NVDA is unresponsive - it takes a minute or so to get it working again.
This is a problem because I regularly record the computer's reading of texts which may take up to two hours to read. Previously I could leave it until the reading was finished, now I have to follow it to re-start it when it stops, wasting hours of time.

I've tried different eloquence and Vocaliser voices, closing all windows except for that of the document to be read, turning off the option for Word to save the document every x number of minutes. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing NVDA, all to no avail.
I had assumed it was probably something specific to my system and so I was interested to find someone else with a similar problem.

I too, would be interested in any suggestions people might have.

Best wishes

Robert Portal