Re: Goldwave NVDA question

Gene

Have you used the latest add-on before?  I suspect the add-on is causing the problem.  You can stop speech if you don’t need it for what you are doing with the command NVDA key s.  To restore speech, issue the command twice.  You can just hold the NVDA key and press s twice.

Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 2:13 PM
Subject: [nvda] Goldwave NVDA question

I am using the latest NVDA and the latest Goldwave add on with a new 14 inch Dell laptop. When I have a file open in Goldwave and hit play, nvda tells me what file I am playing. That of course makes editing difficult when using one soundcard. I've only had this happen on this laptop. Normally when I hit play, I just hear the word play or I just hear the audio start playing. Why is this happening on the laptop and how can I stop it. Thanks so much. Side note, at my advanced age it seems harder to learn a new keyboard lol!!!! Thanks for reading and thanks for your help.