Re: NVDA and OCR software

Rui Fontes

The add-on makes the two things...

NVDA+Control+R, in a selected file in File Explorer, makes OCR to the file.

NVDA+Control+shift+R scans a paper document from the scanner...

Rui Fontes

Às 22:51 de 14/10/2021, Dave Grossoehme escreveu:

This is great if you need to scan a document into a PDF.  However, is there any software or hardware/software that will take a PDF with a document that has beeen scanned into the PDF, and make that PDF of the scanned document be able to print.  I can use the windows OCR with NVDA to read the document, but can not print it.  Can you help me here?

Dave

On 10/11/2021 2:27 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:

For a comercial product, FineReader 15...

For free software, NAPS2, with a user interface or command line, and also packaged in an add-on by me, at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez2r125eilvhzi9/NAPS2TesseractOCR_1.0_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=1

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 21:27 de 11/10/2021, cisco escreveu:

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this is a question better suited for the chat subgroup, if it is, please tell me.

If it’s ok to post it here, however, here it goes: if you use any kind of OCR solution that can open and OCR PDFS and acquire images from scanners, what would you recommend for efficient use with NvDA?

If that OCR had the ability to keep the formatting and layout of the document, that would be a much needed extra.

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards.

Francisco.