Re: trouble with speech when selecting text

Quentin Christensen

The usual questions:

Have you restarted the PC recently (and especially since updating NVDA or anything else)?

Are you using any add-ons? If so, does restarting NVDA with them disabled make a difference?

What programs are you experiencing this in? If word etc, have you changed the advanced setting for using UIA?

I tried just now with NVDA 2021.2 and it behaves as expected in office 365 word and notepad (reading the newly selected text).

Quentin

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021, 7:42 am Sarah k Alawami, <marrie12@...> wrote:

I'm also having this issue. I thought it was my synth, eloquence. Can this be rfeproduced with the other synths out there?

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.

On 14 Oct 2021, at 9:47, JinYoun wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure when this behavior started, but when I select text by pressing shift plus the arrow keys, NVDA will read out all of the slected content instead of each character I'm selecting, which is very confusing for me. Is there a way to have NVDA just read out the character I've just selected instead of everything that has been selected?
Thank you