Re: Navigation similar to the “vertical navigation” voiceover feature?

Tony Malykh

I developed BrowserNav add-on for this. NVDA+Alt+DownArrow does this. It searches for elements that have exactly the same x coordinate.

HTH

On 10/13/2021 11:26 AM, Luke Robinett wrote:
Hi folks,
imagine I’ve got a webpage open and there is information on it that is visually laid out like a table but is not traversable as a table using NVDA. I am on a column heading and I want to move focus directly below it to the first cellof that column. In iOS, there’s a rotor option called “vertical navigation” that allows me to do this easily. Is there any such functionality in NVDA? Unfortunately, the only way I’v found to get to that cell is to press control + down arrow repeatedly,traveling through all The other column headings first, making it sometimes impossible to know when I’ve actually arrived at the first item under that original column heading. I hope the description of the problem makes sense. Thank you for any tips or strategies.

Luke