Re: NVDA error checking for update

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks, that did it. Punched in that line of python code and ran
update check worked just fine got the latest updates.

One thing how I missed it, the message led me to believe it occurred
only to new windows 10 installs that had not connected to the
internet, this in my case was not the case. But it is working now.
Thanks.
Dave.

Then you are very likely having precisely the same issue I sent this Admin
Notice for on October 2nd:

Update Checking Error for NVDA and Add - On Updater - Root Cause Identified,
Workaround Given, Problem solved in 2021.3 (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/88232?p=%2C%2C%2C20%2C0%2C0%2C0%3A%3Arecentpostdate%2Fsticky%2C%2Cadd-on+updater%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C86028599
)

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

~ John F. Kennedy